Carlos has spent the last decade training, coaching, and empowering hundreds of clients to reach both their physical and mental goals.
Growing up, it was baseball for half the year and hockey for the other half. Carlos played competitively in both sports up until going to university, competing as high as the provincial level in baseball.
During university, he started working with several varsity teams in a training capacity and soon transitioned that to personal training as well. After completing a Masters in Kinesiology with a specialty in agility performance, Carlos moved home to Toronto, as a Certified Personal Trainer, focusing on the power of movement and recovery techniques in addition to traditional strength and conditioning.
As one of less than 50 Level III Certified Fascial Stretch Specialists in Ontario, and one of only a handful of winners of the Stretch To Win® Institute Stretch Off competitions, Carlos believes strongly in the power of fixing the body through powerful conscious and subconscious techniques involving fascial systems, mobility, and motor (re)programming.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master of Science in Kinesiology (MSc), Lakehead University
- Honours Bachelor of Kinesiology (HBKin), Lakehead University
- Certified Fascial Stretch Specialist (CFSS) – Level III, Stretch To Win Institute
- Sport Specific Fascial Stretch Therapy, Stretch To Win Institute
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
- Certified Functional Myofascial Practitioner – Level I (IASTM), Myofascial Mobility Systems
- Fascial Abrasion Technique (FAT-Tool) Certification (IASTM), Functional Integrated Therapy Institute
- Soft Tissue Release Certified (STR), Jim Bilotta
- Hypertrophy Intensive Practicum, Irish Strength Institute
- Clinical Assessment for Kinesiologists, First Line Education
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE HE'S EVER RECEIVED:
“You have to go through hard to get to easy.”
FAVOURITE WORKOUT SONG:
Warm-Up or Mobility – Reggae or Dub (Marley, Lee “Scratch” Perry, Scientist)
Workout – Metal or Rock
FAVOURITE CHEAT MEAL:
Buffalo Wings from Duff’s