Grilled Chicken Salad Provencal
I found inspiration for this recipe on my recent trip to Provence! The flavors of Provençal food tend to be simple, fresh and uncomplicated. The secret that many French people know is that eating small servings will help you maintain a healthy weight. Downsize your dishes and you can say oui to a little post dinner cheese!
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon canned unsalted chicken broth
• 2 garlic cloves, pressed
• 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence*, crumbled
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
• 1 eggplant, quartered lengthwise
• 1 small red or green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
• 1 bunch arugula (you can also use your preferred lettuce)
• Curly endive (optional)
• Additional balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
• * Herbes de Provence, a dried herb mixture, is available at specialty foods stores and some supermarkets. A combination of dried thyme, basil, savor and fennel seeds can be used.
Prepare barbecue (high heat). Combine first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Brush olive oil mixture lightly over chicken, zucchini, eggplant and bell pepper. Grill chicken and vegetables until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes. Transfer to large plate. Slice chicken breast diagonally. Arrange chicken and vegetables on plates, garnishing each serving with arugula and endive. Drizzle balsamic and serve.