Sharlton’s road to personal training and massage is not a common one. He originally wanted to start a career in a different field, but after being unable to get the job that he wanted, he decided to take a personal training certification.
But, after a while, Sharlton got bored with training simply for weight loss, so he took sports injury therapy to be able to better help clients recover from their injuries. While taking that course, he also added Massage Therapy, so he could help a greater number of people.
When it comes to fitness, Sharlton believes three simple things: that simple and old school tools are reliable and efficient, that weakness is a mythological state, and sweating is a great sense of accomplishment.
He believes that combining therapy and treatment in one session saves time. He addresses body dysfunctions regularly with Members.
Sharlton’s specialties focus on optimizing body composition, strength and conditioning, deep tissue massage, joint mobilization, therapeutic ultrasound, electric muscle stimulation, LASER therapy, and athletic taping and bracing support.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Massage Therapy, Canadian Therapeutic College
- Sports Injury Therapy, Canadian Therapeutic College
- Medical Acupuncture Certification, McMaster University
- Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Professional Trainer’s Network (CPTN)
- Certified Emergency Medical Responder, Canadian Red Cross
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE HE'S EVER RECEIVED:
“Wisely and slow, they stumble that run fast.” – William Shakespeare
SHARLTON'S SERVICE AREAS:
- Strength & Conditioning
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Joint Mobilization
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Electric Muscle Stimulation
- Laser Therapy
- Athletic Taping & Bracing Support